Monday, March 26, 2018

I've never heard a more ridiculous suggestion

...more on that at the end.

Went to Compline tonight. Mostly to check it out in an attempt to be less hideously nervous tomorrow. Extremely very glad I went. Even if just to say the affirmation of faith one more time. Two people shared tonight, and I was very grateful that they did. The first person's reflections (amongst other stuff, including the fact that meeting in a pub is always good) revealed that in this church not only am I welcome, but people also listen to what I have to say, and remember it. That is part encouragement, part warning I fear.

The second person I've never met before. She had been struck by the sermon/discussions on homosexuality. She spoke about understanding that it wasn't a choice. That's the point when the face started leaking. It's possibly one of the most important things for people to understand. It is how we are fearfully and wonderfully made. Not a lifestyle choice. I still remember the point at which my mother "got it now". It wasn't anything she had done wrong, no bad parenting, not the fault of her eating coal and salad cream while pregnant, not me choosing to let her down. My brother was born with the gene for losing his hair by his mid twenties. I was born gay.

Forced to sort a few things out while rocking (next to not on) a gravestone outside afterwards. Honesty is always better with a few sweary bits chucked in. Then onto the ridiculous suggestion.

Vicar.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHa.

er. no.

No comments: