Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Sadness and coffee

Did 'Holy Joes' outside church this morning. Eternally grateful for the warning that there would be 'some children' in church. It was actually packed with half the Grammar school, so I was so glad I loitered outside rather than bursting in.

Shame I can't do the Holy Joes regularly. Its one area of service I'm practiced at! It would be nice to have more than three people to serve, but hey. Was a bit like the 2am shift.. talking rubbish and keeping warm.

Then got invited to/dragged into morning prayer. I really can't cope with this reading a verse each side, pause at the diamond malarkey! However. Previously when looking at the painting of Jesus at the front I'd just been struck with how skinny he looks...


But this morning I nearly cried at how sad and resigned he looks. Which I guess is probably exactly how he felt. And I felt so sorry, its my fault he is there. Well, not just me, but...


No comments: