Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Don’t judge me but...

I somehow ended up on you tube watching some video of 100 celebrity gay couples. No idea why as normally I couldn’t care less about anything celebrity but I watched the whole thing, feeling warmer and fuzzier at just seeing happy couples, most of which from their two photos (one black tie showbiz event pic and one ‘natural’ pic) looked like they were just two people in love.

Then I made the mistake of reading the first few comments. Then made the bigger mistake of scrolling through a few more.

All hate from ‘christians’, mainly condemning these happy couples to hell.

Aha! One lovely post saying that Jesus loves them too. This one, unlike the others, had several replies. I couldn’t bring myself to click on it to read all the comments then condemning this person too for stating the truth that Jesus loves everyone, gay or otherwise.

Why do christians have to ruin everything?  It was so lovely seeing role models of happy successful partnerships, often with kids, often mixed race, just people who found someone to love. But then....

No comments: