Thursday, May 03, 2018

Answering my call (ing)

So. There I was, organising running shoes (and getting a bit angry about the mess) at Go this evening. A gentleman asks for help with gas canisters. So I take him to them. Then we start chatting. Can't remember how it started, but he said "what are you laughing?" when he had told me he'd just bought a motorbike. I said I'm really happy you've got a bike. I'm a biker too. (I think he was getting defensive because he was not young, and struggling to walk). More chat about bikes, then I take his stuff to tills and get asked for help by someone else. While helping them that 'nagging voice of God' pops into my head.... "you should give him a CMA card", so I finish helping the customer. Run to the boot cage, find my wallet and pray that there is still a card in there.

There was, but I had to chase him all the way into the car park!

There is always that moment when you give out a card, or say something or.... when you wonder if this will go well, or very, very badly.

Turns out it made his day.

Hopefully I will see Alan at the Love Loughborough event on the 20th May.

Made my day too.

But I hate it when God uses the very things you feel you are worst at as your 'calling'. ;-)


No comments: