Tuesday, April 17, 2018

What to avoid

First thing to note... AS is absolutely NOT like this. This post is not meant as a warning to them. It is stuff that I've been thinking about a lot recently, trying to come up with ideas for an Inclusive Church stand at the church fete, its from personal experience and its from discussion with friends.

The following came up in my FB news feed today from Unfundementalist, a repost of something that someone had put on Twitter I think.






I'm gonna guess that its more common than we'd like amongst LGBTQI christians that we've experienced something like this. I was in a tent at Soul Survivor for an extremely awkward hour (actually, on more than one occasion, now I think about it) and was supposed to join in with the prayer at the end that God would make me straight. I didn't.

For the church fete I'm thinking of ideas on exploring how various people/groups may have been excluded from church or been on the receiving end of experiences like this that would quite understandably put people off God for life.

No comments: